Information You Can Find in Our Guide:
Best New Car Features
With so many luxury car features available to choose from, it can be difficult to keep up with the latest technologies in the automotive industry.
From built-in infotainment systems that connect to your smartphone device to heated and cooled seats that help to keep you comfortable all throughout your car ride, most newer vehicle models on the market feature the latest automotive technologies.
Information You Can Find in Our Guide:
While the most luxurious car interior in the world may be a little out of most price ranges, there are plenty of affordable options for everyday motorists who are looking for a more comfortable riding experience. For instance, some of the most comfortable SUV seats can be found in affordable midsize luxury SUVs.
Moreover, a vehicle’s safety features are just as important as comfort. If you are looking for an SUV with most safety features, you will want a car with blind-spot monitoring and plenty of other safety technologies, such as rear cross-traffic monitoring. In these cases, it is important to look at vehicles that have received high safety ratings and come endorsed from important groups, such as the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS). Review the sections below to learn about the top new car features on the market today.
New Car Safety Features
Thanks to continuing advances in automotive engineering, safety features that used to be reserved for luxury vehicles now come standard across a wide variety of affordable cars. Today there are cars with collision avoidance technologies and plenty of other features that in the past would not have been present in entry-level makes and models.
Some of the best car, truck and SUV safety features that are most commonly found in newer vehicles on the market today include:
- Automatic emergency braking (AEB).
- Pedestrian detection (PD).
- Forward-collision warnings (FCW).
- Lane departure warnings (LDW).
- Blindspot warnings (BSW).
- Lane-centering assists (LCA).
- Rear cross-traffic monitoring (RCTW).
According to Kelley Blue Book (KBB), cars with the best safety features like those above include the Audi S3, Mercedes-Benz E-Class, Toyota Camry Hybrid, Honda Civic, Toyota Camry, Honda Fit and Mercedes-Benz C-Class. The best safety features for SUV models and other larger vehicles can be found in the 2019 BMW X1, Hyundai Kona, Honda HR-V, Ford Expedition MAX, Honda CRV, Honda Odyssey and Toyota Sienna.
If you are looking for the safest 3 row SUV, the 2019 Chevrolet Traverse is an excellent option. Featuring plenty of space for passengers and advanced safety features such as lane-keeping assist, automatic emergency braking and rear cross-traffic alerts, this vehicle is perfect for families.
Another top-rated option for families includes the 2019 Honda Pilot. With features such as lane-keeping assist, adaptive cruise control, automated emergency braking and automatic high-beam headlights, the Honda Pilot earned a five-star safety rating in crash tests from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
New Cars With Best Technology Features
From connected car features that allow you to access your smartphone from your vehicle’s infotainment system to anti-theft technologies that help you track down your vehicle if it is stolen, advancements in the automotive industry are greater than ever.
Several notable features include:
- Tracking software for stolen vehicles. Hundreds of thousands of motor vehicle thefts take place every year. However, this new safety technology in cars, trucks, SUVs and minivans helps you to recover your vehicle more quickly after it is stolen.
- Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. These new car features are available in many newer luxury and mainstream vehicles, allowing you to connect your Android or iOS device to your vehicle’s infotainment system. By connecting your smartphone to your vehicle, you can access your phone’s navigation system, music streaming services and more.
- Adaptive cruise control. Like a standard cruise control system, this technology maintains your driving speed even after you remove your foot from the accelerator. However, this feature is even better than standard cruise control, as it uses sensors to modify your speed to match the vehicle ahead of you. One new SUV with adaptive cruise control includes the Chevrolet Blazer.
- Self-driving capabilities. An autonomous vehicle is a self-driving automobile that uses sensors and software systems to control itself without the need for a human driver. Fully autonomous vehicles are not yet available for legal use in the U.S., but semi-autonomous automobiles are. Currently, the best autopilot car includes the Tesla Model S, while other vehicles with semi-autonomous features include the BMW 740i, Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan, Toyota Corolla, Chevrolet Volt and Chrysler Pacifica.
Vehicles With the Most Luxurious Car Interior
Whether you are into luxury cars with ventilated seats or you wish to purchase a vehicle that has a built-in air purification system, most of the newer vehicles on the market today are more comfortable than ever before.
Some of the best luxury car interior features include:
- Heated and cooled seats. This feature helps to keep you cool in the summer and warm in the fall or winter. This eliminates the need for you to purchase car seat covers or worry about how much sunlight is entering your car while it is parked.
- Self-closing doors. While not entirely necessary, a door that automatically opens and closes for you is sure to make you feel like royalty. Some luxury models even feature soft-closing doors to make your experience more pleasant.
- Built-in seat massagers. Whether you suffer from back pain or your body starts to feel stiff after several hours of driving each day, vehicles with built-in seat massagers can help you to feel more comfortable and relaxed as you drive.
- Heated steering wheels. If you live in a region that experiences cold temperatures, heated steering wheels can make driving a whole lot more enjoyable during these colder months.
If you are looking for a minivan or SUV with sliding doors, the Mazda 5 is an excellent alternative to purchasing a more expensive minivan or SUV model. If you would prefer to purchase a minivan, however, several luxury models include the 2019 Chrysler Pacifica Limited, Honda Odyssey Touring Elite, Toyota Sienna Limited Premium and the Kia Sedona SX Limited.